TANC's Agreement Implementation and Compliance and Trade Negotiations Activities
Playing a leading role in ITA's Compliance and Market Access case efforts, staff function as trade agreement experts on ITA investigation teams, providing in-depth knowledge and usage expertise. For these trade agreements, the Office also supports the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative in multilateral and bilateral trade policy work, both in operation of active trade agreement committees and in the negotiation of new trade agreements. Examples of specific areas of expertise/focus include:
- WTO Doha Negotiations on Trade Facilitation
- Renegotiation of the current WTO Agreement on Government Procurement.
- The WTO Agreements and Free Trade Agreement chapters on:
- Technical Barriers to Trade and Sanitary/Phytosanitary Measures
- Customs Valuation, Rules of Origin, and Import Licensing
- Dispute settlement proceedings
- Government Procurement
- State-owned enterprises
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development
To support TANC's Agreement Implementation and Compliance and Trade Negotiations work, interns may be assigned duties relating to Compliance Case Management and Trade Policy Support. Click on the appropriate link to view more information pertaining to those duties.
Back to Internships Main